The Granting process of Give 365 Rusk is very unique as well as rewarding, and is an important part of the Give 365 Rusk experience . The Give 365 members are involved with the entire process and every member has a vote in determining the grant recipients.
In 2016, under the grant theme “Collaboration for Change”, $5,000 was awarded to 6 organiatons. In 2015, under the grant theme “Get Out and Play” $3,600 was granted by Give 365 Rusk, to 6 organizations.
Organizations interested in applying for grants will be provided an online application to complete. In addition, each year the Give 365 Membership will determine a grant theme that organizations will be required to apply to their grant request/project. Grants are typically not available for regular operations funding, but should be targeted to special or unique projects. Additional grant requirements, priorities, review criteria will be supplied when applications are made available. Grant applications will be reviewed following the due date, and a list of finalists determined. Finalists will then have the opportunity to make a presentation to the Give 365 membership, before members vote for the ultimate recipient(s).
The grant giving timeline starts in January with final grant recipient announcements being made in May.
The 2017 timeline is outlined below.
- December-January 2017 solicit for 2017 Grant Theme ideas
- through January 30, 2017 online voting for Theme by Give 365 membership
- January 2017 finalize grant committee, publicize grant availability
- January 31, 2017 – Grant applications made available. Theme publicized.
- March 17 – Grant applications due.
- March – Grant team meets to review applications
- April 3 – Contact Finalists
- April 27 – Grant finalists make presentations to Give 365 members
- April 28 – Online voting for grant winners begins
- May 8 – Voting for grant recipients by Give 365 members ends.
- May 10 – Grant award recipients announced.
- May 23 -25 (tentative) Grant Award Celebration Event
2016 Grant Recipient pictures coming soon.
2015 Grant Applicant Presentation Night
2015 Grant Awards