2017 GiVE 365 Application & Requirements
GiVE 365 members want to learn about the important work being done by nonprofits to address community problems and create opportunities for those who live here. By being a grantee, or even an applicant, your organization(s) will be exposed to a group of community-minded philanthropists. The theme for this year’s GiVE 365 grant round is “Foundations for the Future”: (projects that help youth meet their potential)
- The application should be submitted by a lead nonprofit agency (It is not required, but if there are other participating organizations they should be listed in the application).
- The lead agency must be a certified 501(c)(3).
- Grant awards will only be paid to the lead agency.
- The lead agency may distribute funds to partner organizations. This should be clearly outlined in the project budget. The Rusk County Community Foundation is not responsible for enforcing the distribution of funds to other partners by the lead agency.
- A total of $5,000 is available to be granted, and grant applications can be submitted for $100-$5,000.
- Grant funds need to be utilized within one year of receipt.
- Grant recipients will be required to supply updates on the project and fund utilization.
- Deadline for application is March 17, 2017. Online applications (give365rusk.org) must be submitted by the end of the day March 17, 2017 or if mailed postmarked March 17, 2017. Mail to Rusk County Community Foundation, PO Box 54, Ladysmith, WI 54848.
- GiVE 365 grant review teams will review all eligible applications and choose a group of finalists. You will be notified via email of the review teams’ decision regarding your application by the end of the day on April 3, 2017.
- If chosen as a finalist, your organization must be available to present its project in an oral presentation to the GiVE 365 membership at an evening event on April 27, 2017. The presentation can be done by a staff or board member, or even a beneficiary of the project, but it is required.
Grantees are also strongly encouraged to participate in GiVE 365 member events such as providing a volunteer opportunity for a small group of members; presenting at a brown bag lunch; or inviting members to events or for a site visit.
The 2017 timeline is outlined below.
- December-January 2017 solicit for 2017 Grant Theme ideas
- through January 30, 2017 online voting for Theme by Give 365 membership
- January 2017 finalize grant committee, publicize grant availability
- January 31, 2017 – Grant applications made available. Theme publicized.
- March 17 – Grant applications due.
- March – Grant team meets to review applications
- April 3 – Contact Finalists
- April 27 – Grant finalists make presentations to Give 365 members
- April 28 – Online voting for grant winners begins
- May 8 – Voting for grant recipients by Give 365 members ends.
- May 10 – Grant award recipients announced.
- May 23 -25 (tentative) Grant Award Celebration Event
Choose to download the .pdf file or utilize the online application below (preferred). The online application cannot be saved once it has been started. Please complete and submit simultaneously. Supporting documentation and questions can be directed to email@example.com.