“Connecting People Who Care With Causes That Matter”
As a trusted professional advisor, you play an essential role in helping your clients achieve their charitable goals. Research shows that your clients are probably waiting for you to initiate the conversation.
Your clients may have some general ideas about philanthropy, but they expect their advisors to help them create a financial plan that meets their goals to minimize taxes, transfer wealth, leave legacies and reflect their values.
You are in a position to help your clients realize their goals just by listening for giving opportunities, explaining options and suggesting solutions. The best opportunities to help clients maximize the benefits of charitable giving often occur when they are considering options and making decisions related to:
- Estate planning
- Writing or revising a will
- Selling a business
- Selling real estate
- Planning for retirement
- Receiving a financial windfall, such as an inheritance, commission or bonus
Every situation and client is unique, so there is no “right” way to raise the issue. The best way to approach the topic is to incorporate some straight-forward questions into your conversations with clients:
- Have you thought of what kind of personal legacy you would like to leave?
- What principles have guided the way you live your life? Raised your family? Run your business (or operated in your profession)? Participated in the community?
- Do you currently volunteer or support any charitable organizations, such as a place of worship, alma mater or local nonprofit?
- Are you interested in supporting these causes now and after your death?
When you suggest giving through the Rusk County Community Foundation, you are encouraging a philanthropic solution without endorsing a specific charitable cause or organization.
We partner with you.
We provide support, information and expertise around charitable giving options.
We help you connect across generations.
When you help families establish an advised fund at the Rusk County Community Foundation, you begin an ongoing process of involvement with current and future generations.
We are community experts.
We know the needs and nonprofit organizations supporting those needs in Rusk County and can ensure that your clients are giving strategically.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org