The Granting process of Give 365 Rusk is very unique as well as rewarding, and is an important part of the Give 365 Rusk experience . The Give 365 members are involved with the entire process and every member has a vote in determining the grant recipients.
In 2017 under the grant theme “Foundations for the Future, $5,000 was awarded to 6 organizations. In 2016 under the grant theme “Collaboration for Change”, $5,000 was awarded to 6 organiatons. In 2015, under the grant theme “Get Out and Play” $3,600 was granted by Give 365 Rusk, to 6 organizations.
Organizations interested in applying for grants will be provided an online application to complete. In addition, each year the Give 365 Membership will determine a grant theme that organizations will be required to apply to their grant request/project. Grants are typically not available for regular operations funding, but should be targeted to special or unique projects. Additional grant requirements, priorities, review criteria will be supplied when applications are made available. Grant applications will be reviewed following the due date, and a list of finalists determined. Finalists will then have the opportunity to make a presentation to the Give 365 membership, before members vote for the ultimate recipient(s).
The grant giving timeline starts in January with final grant recipient announcements being made in May.
The 2018 timeline is outlined below.
- February-March 2018 solicit for 2018 Grant Theme ideas
- through March 9, 2018 online voting for Theme by Give 365 membership
- March 2018 finalize grant committee, publicize grant availability
- March 15, 2018 – Grant applications made available. Theme publicized.
- April 22, 2018 – Grant applications due.
- April 23 – Grant team meets to review applications
- April 27 – Contact Finalists
- May 9 – Grant finalists make presentations to Give 365 members
- May 10– Online voting for grant winners begins
- May 17 – Voting for grant recipients by Give 365 members ends.
- May 19 – Grant award recipients announced.
- May 30-31 (tentative) Grant Award Celebration Event
2017 Grant Awards
2016 Grant Awards
2015 Grant Awards