” The Foundation is overseen by a volunteer Board of Directors, which operates the organization under established By-Laws. The Board is responsible for the establishment of committees that undertake fundraising, investments, grants, marketing etc.”
The Foundations By-Laws, Annual Reports, and Financial Reports are available to the public.
At the present time the Rusk County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Chippewa County (www.yourlegacyforever.org). The Community Foundation of Chippewa County was established in 2001, manages nearly 20 million dollars of assets and is nationally accredited.
It is a common practice for newer Foundations to affiliate with an established Foundation.
The benefits of the Rusk County Community Foundation affiliating with the Chippewa Foundation are:
- The ability to maximize our earnings because our segregated funds can be invested
- In a more diversified portfolio of investment options.
- We benefit from the professional expertise of an experienced organization that provides administrative support, tax reporting and monitoring of compliance issues.
- Our close proximity allows for on-site meetings and participation in training events.
- It keeps our local operating expenses at a minimum.
- RCCF funds are meticulously tracked and reported (and audited) ensuring donor intent.
- All funds remain only for use in Rusk County.