An Acorn Fund allows people from all walks of life to make a difference…. a little at a time. Here’s how it works.
- An individual or couple makes a pledge to establish an Acorn Fund and begins making periodic contributions that will eventually grow to be a permanently named fund.
- Contributions begin to give back to our region when your balance grows to $10,000. Because your Acorn Fund is “planted” in our already-growing Unrestricted Endowment it helps provide income to support grant funded projects in local Rusk County. These projects help make our community a great place to live. The arts, environment, civic projects, human rights, adult education and community, youth and family services are areas that currently receive funding. Your Acorn Fund will help address the needs of our county now, and as they change over time.
- To create an Acorn Fund you simply make a commitment to contribute at least $10.000, with a minimum gift of $1000 now. You have 10 years to bring your balance up to $10,000 for permanent unrestricted granting. You may, of course, pledge a larger sum, or choose a shorter time period. The choice is yours.
- If your circumstances change and you are able to fulfill your pledge sooner than expected, that’s fine. If, on the other hand, you find you are unable to continue making the minimum contribution, gifts received will become part of the Unrestricted Endowment.
- Donors building an Acorn Fund will be recognized in our Annual Report, unless you request to be anonymous.
- You will receive our newsletter and invitations to special events where you can meet others who share your commitment.
- Choose a name for your Acorn Fund…. your own name, or the name of a family member or friend you wish to honor. When the fund reaches $10,000 the name will become public.
- Once your Acorn matures you can continue to grow the fund with additional gifts at any time. Family and Friends are welcome to contribute as well. You can also add to your fund through a bequest in your will or through beneficiary designations. Income from your fund will continue to benefit your community generation after generation.
Plant your Acorn. Whether you have permanent roots in Rusk County or simply want to give back to our region, we invite you to consider establishing an Acorn Fund today.
more information talk to any member of the RCCF Board, email or call 715-532-0772.