The Heart of Gold Award is part of the Greater Ladysmith Area Chamber of Commerce’s Community Awards Banquet, which will be held on April 20, 2017. Nominations for the Heart of Gold Award can be made directly to the Foundation, using the 2017 Nomination Form (.doc) or 2017 Nomination Form (.pdf). Or complete the online application form at the bottom of the page. Nominations are due Monday, March 13. The criteria remains the same as below. The recipient will be recognized at the banquet, and will be permitted to direct a $500 grant from the Foundation to an area non-profit.
About the Heart of Gold – F.A.Q.’s
How can I nominate someone for a Heart of Gold Award?
To help the Board of Selectors fully appreciate your nominee’s efforts, you may find the following suggestions helpful in filling out the nomination form.
- Please state the reasons why this person fits the description of having a “Heart of Gold.”
- Be sure to address the concerns listed below as “Selection Criteria.”
- Please type or write clearly. However, this is not an essay contest—no points are given for the style of this narrative.
- Please note that your narrative should be suitable for public audience and may be made available to local newspapers.
Rusk County Community Foundation
P.O. Box 54
Ladysmith WI 54848
The Rusk County Community Foundation wishes to identify and provide recognition to “everyday” citizens in our community who touch the hearts of others.
We have defined Heart of Gold Recipients as those people who give of themselves unselfishly to serve others, collectively or individually, with volunteer acts of service and/or kindness beyond the call of duty.
Any person 18 years or older, who enhances the quality of life of someone else is eligible to be nominated.
Such acts of service may largely go unnoticed and include, but are not limited to: helping senior citizens, helping disadvantaged persons, working to improve the quality of education, expanding recreational and cultural opportunities, working with children, protecting the environment, building jobs in the community, promoting public safety, and unusual acts of kindness.
Each Heart of Gold nominee will receive a certificate inscribed with their name and their Heart of Gold achievement. One special finalists to receive the Heart of Gold award will have the opportunity to direct a $500 grant to the charity of their choice, approved by the Rusk County Community Foundation.
What “selection criteria” are the Heart of Gold Awards based upon?
When making its choice, the Board of Selectors will take into account whether the nominee:
- Identifies a need and fulfills it
- Recognizes opportunities and acts upon them.
- Shares their time and energy for the sake of others.
- Overcomes unusual challenges to serve others.
- Renders a service which changes a life.
- Works to create positive change.
- Inspires others to volunteer.
- Performs an exceptional act of kindness.
Nominations can be downloaded above, or complete the online submission below.
Past Year’s Heart of Gold Events