The Foundation is overseen by a volunteer Board of Directors who are chosen because of their demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of the needs of the community. The Board elects its officers, and each board member is appointed to serve a three-year term.
The Rusk County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Chippewa County. The Community Foundation of Chippewa County was established in 2001, manages over 25 million dollars of assets and is confirmed in compliance with the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
All funds are prudently invested by money managers that are approved by the Foundation’s board of directors. As an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Chippewa County, we are subject to all standards of national accreditations, ensuring donors that best practices govern every decision.
Some of the benefits of the Rusk County Community Foundation’s affiliation with the Chippewa Foundation are:
- The ability to maximize earnings because our segregated funds can be invested in a more diverse portfolio.
- The professional expertise of an experienced organization that provides administrative support, tax reporting and monitoring of compliance issues.
- Our close proximity allows for on-site meetings and participation in training events.
- It keeps our local operating expenses at a minimum.
- RCCF funds are meticulously tracked, reported and audited, ensuring donor intent.
- All funds remain only for use in Rusk County.